Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Hello my little holiday shoppers!

I hope everyone in Montreal is loving the first snowfall. For my non-canadians, happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoyed your Black Friday super sales! Here in Canada, we give thanks to some department stores having their very own faux-black friday sales, which I'm sure are unrivalled to the American version of non-stop shop 'til you drop and call the cops 'cause that biznatch stole the last $49 Blue-Ray player outta my hands.

I have much to share in this post, bloggies, so let's get started.

My latest reviews here will include yummy Japanese fare and a French bistro dessert. Part 2 of my review will include the best BEST noodle soup in Montreal at a drop-jaw price, and my last segment of Mtl.D takes over NYC. PHEW! Let's get this party started

First, any time I can see food being cooked right in front of me, I'm hooked. Toyo Grillades A la Japonaise casually provides just that. With locations in Laval and downtown Mtl (nestled right on De La Montagne) this place is so much fun to go with friends. Keep in mind it isn't cheap, about $22-$36 per person, which includes a soup, an appetizer of grilled shrimp, steamed rice, yummy grilled veggies, and mounds of meat (or more shrimp) of your choice including chicken, beef and tender Fillet mignon. To end, your meal includes tea, sorbet or ice cream. The only hiccup was the slow service, but my group of fabulosies was excellent company, so time flew regardless.
Mtl.D Tidbit: Make reservations. It won't hurt.

My rating: ♡♡♡





Toyo Grillades
2155, Rue de la Montagne
Montreal, QC H3G 1Z8
(514) 844-9292


Onto the next one. Last week, a friend and myself were craving dessert after one of our late-night lectures. We were literally stuck in the downtown core without a sweet-spot in sight. How is that possible? Where to go for dessert besides the ever-so usual/boring/same old Rockaberry's? We finally came across Chez Alexandre on the bustling Peel Street. Now listen up foodies, I wouldn't go out of my way to go to this spot, to be honest. I've heard things such as "overpriced" and "overrated" when it comes to this French bistro brasserie, and how it's just a happy hour mecca for middle aged business men (it's next to Club Funky Town for a reason). But we really just wanted our chocolate molten cake. So, we walked in, and what hit me immediately was the stained mirrored walls, and cigarette smoke smell embedded in their bankettes. How Parisian! The service was alright, our little waitress in her even tinier dress was to-the point and a tad nonchalant, the poor thing must have been tired. At $14 big ones, our chocolate molten cake hit the spot. Whatever. It was nice to feel like we were in old-Paris, and we REALLY wanted dessert. Stale-cig stench and all.

My rating: ♡♡1/2

Alexandre
1454 Rue Peel,
Montreal, Qc H3A 1S8
(514)-288-5105

I'll post my noodle/NYC review in jiffy!

Mtl.D xo

No comments:

Post a Comment