Friday, December 10, 2010

My Thai Coup de Coeur

"Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity."
-Voltaire

Hello loves!

I like december for two reasons: the holidays, and my undeniable ability to reach pure winter denial. Some say denial is dangerous healthy, but for me denial is an effective tool to overcome the reality that my snow-shovelling, windshield-wiping, shearling boot-wearing, ice-fearing days are only beginning. Of course nobody knows winter like us Montrealers. Yes, we all know hibernation is the activity of choice for some 514-ers, but here's another option: make the best of winter. And what better way to start than introducing you to my newest spot du jour. 

Bloggies, I'd like to introduce you to a Laval gem called Soya.




Restaurant Soya
204 boulevard Saint-Martin Ouest
 Laval, QC H7T 1A1 - (450) 682-2882

My rating: ♡♡♡

For anyone like myself who enjoys a non-Thai Express, good quality Pad Thai, you are in luck. Moderately priced, authentic with luxurious decor and laid-back ambiance, Soya is just the ticket. It is a bring your own wine establishment, and has wonderful food presentations. Go with good company, as the service isn't at turbo speed, but the staff remains attentive and friendly. 

Mtl.D Tidbit: good spot for a date! The romantic setting and banquette dividers add a great touch!


Enjoy!! And be safe on those snow-abundant roads, bloggies

Mtl.D xo

No comments:

Post a Comment