Sunday, September 19, 2010

Why Suburbia Rules

Things are heating up! Indoors, that is.

How is everyone's september coming along? Spotted any changing leaves, or gone apple picking yet? Discovered any new hot-spots worthy of a re-visit?

I have!

Okay so I was all revved up to give you a little glimpse at a brunch spot I was intending on visiting today, but plans fell through. It is adorably called Fabergé, and I was stoked. But worry not bloggies, I intend on seeing what this place has to offer in the near future, so I'll keep you info-ed.

As for another worthy discovery, all you North Shore peeps are going to like this. Previously called Matti/Mattissimo, my newest discovery is a Rosemere staple that has been on my to-taste list for quite some time. Therefore, I am proud to announce that Ristorante Piatti has answered my prayers about finding a fantastic local spot for a delicious pizza cooked in a wood-burning oven. To boot, the restaurant is far from boring; it has beautiful eclectic art displayed, massive stone walls and beautiful red chairs. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Even more reasons to go: it is easily accessible from either Cure-Labelle Boulevard or Autoroute 13 North. It is about 15-20 minute drive (tops!) from Montreal and about a 7-10 minute drive from Laval. Also, the owner is well established as far as reputation, as he is the product of some of Montreal's well-known Italian restos such as Quelli Della Notte and Il Fornetto, so you just know this will be good.

First off, I have to mention that the service was a tad slow in the beginning. However, our waiter was quick to apologize. From then on my table was attended to and the service was very courteous. I began with a minestrone. Nothing ground-braking, but pleasant enough to warm me up on a chilly night. Then, our calamari was fresh and tender, accompanied by coucous and sundried tomatoes. Unconventional, but it worked. Then came the ever-so light-as-air pizza. The toppings were so delicate and the dough was mildly salty. Perfect.

To top it off, the tomato linguini came nice and al dente with probably one of the best-tasting tomato sauces I've tasted in an italian resto in a long time. The veal is also a hit, soooo tender it practically melts in your mouth.

Reservations will get you a perfect table, try not to get pushed close to the wall as we did, because you might feel a little cramped.
So calling all those adventurous types who feel like taking a break from trying to find parking in the city will love this place. And their ridiculously huge parking lot (located at the back, bloggies!)

See you there :)

Mtl.D xo

ps: good news peeps! Brand NEW to Montrealista Diaries, I now have a rating system (top right of the page!)
It'll be based on:
-Service (Courteous, speed of service, politeness, etc)
-Food (Quality, freshness, presentation, etc)
-Restaurant Appeal (design, music, look, decor, etc)
-Other (Location, parking, etc)

I give Piatti: four hearts out of five.
Price range: 10-40$









2 Grande-Cote
Rosemère, QC
QC J7A 1G8
(450) 430-1380

No comments:

Post a Comment